Time for CCIM Scholarships and Adaptive Reuse Webinar Tuesday, October 20th.
TUCSON, ARIZONA -- It is now scholarship season and The Southern Arizona Chapter of the CCIM Institute is grateful to be able to offer three scholarships for classes in 2021 that lead toward securing the CCIM designation.
- George C. Larsen, CCIM Scholarship
- James P. Robertson, CCIM Scholarship
- Ryan Heinfeld, CCIM Memorial Scholarship
All three of the Named Endowed Scholarships honor George C. Larsen, CCIM, James P. Robertson, CCIM and Ryan Heinfeld, CCIM as a Past Presidents, & Chapter Board Members of the Southern Arizona CCIM Chapter. The Chapters Named Endowed Scholarships were created by the Southern Arizona CCIM Chapter with matching funds provided by the CCIM Foundation. Named endowed scholarships honor those who have shown great dedication, commitment, outstanding achievement and service to the commercial real estate industry.
About the Southern Arizona CCIM Chapter
The mission of the Southern Arizona CCIM Chapter is to advance professionalism of the commercial real estate industry through:
- Strong and effective market leadership
- State-of-the-art education of our chapter members and the commercial real estate public
- Direct networking opportunities of all commercial real estate service providers in Tucson and Southern Arizona
The Southern Arizona Chapter consists of CCIM Designees, CCIM Candidates, and Associate members. Monthly Chapter meetings serve as a focal point where members can exchange ideas, services, commercial properties, prospective buyers and tenants, and help one another solve both local and national real estate problems.
About the CCIM Foundation
The CCIM Foundation is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization. CCIM Foundation supports impactful programs and bold initiatives to advance the commercial real estate industry.
The Southern Arizona CCIM Chapter Named Endowed Scholarships were created to support qualified real estate professionals in their efforts to achieve the CCIM designation. Recipient should exemplify the high caliber of professionals that comprise the CCIM Institute. Scholarship Selection Criteria Includes the following:
- Each applicant should be able to demonstrate a commitment to a commercial real estate career (see application).
- Each applicant should be able to demonstrate active involvement as a due paying member with the Southern Arizona CCIM Chapter (see application).
- Recipient of this scholarship should have a need for financial assistance
Recipient will receive $1,000 to offset the cost of one of the following CCIM designation courses: CI 102, CI 103 or CI 104.
Applications are submitted directly to the Southern Arizona CCIM Chapter.
Deadline for Submission to Southern Arizona CCIM Chapter:
November 10, 2020
The second Tuesday of October the Scholarship Committee will submit the applications to the Southern Arizona CCIM Chapter Board of Directors for review. The second Tuesday of November the Scholarship Committee will make a motion to the Southern Arizona CCIM Chapter Board of Directors recommending the recipients of the scholarships.
All applicants will be notified on or before December 1st and their attendance will be required at the Chapters luncheon event on the second Tuesday of December.
All Southern Arizona CCIM Chapter Named Endowed Scholarship recipients will be required to execute a scholarship commitment agreement.
The CCIM Board of Southern Arizona Chapter also invites everyone to its next meeting happening this week.
Adaptive Reuse Webinar
Tuesday, October 20, 2020
1:30 PM - 2:30 PM (45 minute discussion followed by Q&A)
The ALL-STAR Panel will include: George Larsen, CCIM, of Larsen Baker, Rick Vol of Volk Company, Marcel Dabdoub, of CID Holdings, and Jason Wong, CCIM, Redpoint Development
Discussion to include:
- Overcoming Existing Deficiencies,
- Cost Overruns
- Material and Labor Costs
- Existing Uses/New Uses
- Municipal Issues/Incentives
- Neighborhood Issues
- Green build Issues
- Historical Issues
- Exterior Architectural Appearance
- The New Normal After COVID
- COVID Related Tenant Improvements