September 2017 Tucson Housing Statistics Released – Prices Going Up!
TUCSON, Arizona — In August 2017, The MLS of Southern Arizona made a significant change in the geographic areas used for classifying listings in the service area of the Tucson Association of REALTORS®. With the August 2017 Sales Statistics produced for TAR, MLSSAZ recalculated and adjusted figures dating back to April of 2014 to compensate for the area boundary changes.
Here are the Highlights of the September 2017 statistics from Tucson Association of Realtors (TAR):
- The Average Sales Price of $247,649 is an increase of 3.72% from $238,764 last month.
- Total Sales Volume of $300,150,958 is down from August’s number of $321,376,738, resulting in a 6.60% decrease, and a 9.01% increase over September 2016.
- Average List Price of $252,916 is up 3.39% from August and up 15.17% since September 2016.
- Total Under Contract of 1,651 is an increase of 1.04% since last month.
- Total Unit Sales of 1,212 is a decrease of 9.96% since August’s number of 1,346.
- The Median Sales Price rose to $206,915 from $192,000 in August, a 7.77% increase and is up 16.90% from $177,000 in September 2016.
- New Listings are up 18.18% since August.
- Total Active Listings of 3,587 is an increase of 2.49% from 3,500 last month.
- Average Days on Market decreased to 42 this month from 45 last month.
- Conventional loan sales of 45.8% exceeded Cash Sales of 21.6%.
More detailed information is available on our website, tucsonrealtors.org/
To read the full report click here: statssept2017
Click below to view the September video infographic: