New coworking space will support local businesses with an innovative new way to work, an inspiring atmosphere, and a close-knit professional community beginning Spring 2020
Tucson, AZ – Entrepreneurs, small businesses, remote and corporate workers, freelancers, home based businesses and small teams in the Tucson and Oro Valley area will soon have access to the city’s first suburban coworking location. An innovative coworking space and professional community, THE POST Workspaces will debut its stunning 8,500-square-foot flagship location at 7400 N Oracle Road, with a commitment to stimulating productivity, building local networks, and offering state-of-the-art independent office solutions. The home-grown shared working facility will offer a variety of private and open concept workspaces, all encased in a modern, premium-industrial aesthetic, beginning March 2020.
The coworking movement has seen a meteoric rise in popularity in recent years. This new-age form of working provides the amenities, infrastructure, and community of a physical office, while allowing the mobility, cost-effectiveness, and flexibility required by an increasingly migrant workforce. An affordable and accessible solution, coworking offers the perfect professional environment.
And for THE POST, coworking is much more than an office space. It’s an opportunity to support the success of local businesses by providing members with the freedom to choose where and when to work, facilitating valuable opportunities for collaboration with like-minded professionals, and helping to maximize productivity in a thoughtfully designed and inspirational space.
Created for Tucson Professionals, By Tucson Professionals
THE POST’s Founder and CEO, Daniel Wesson, has more than 30 years of experience in the local Tucson commercial real estate industry – and with it, a two-year personal journey and a growing passion for fostering community and addressing the need for human connection among entrepreneurs and small businesses.
“My journey into coworking began from a place of personal frustration but grew much beyond that,” explains Wesson. “Not only was I tired of wasting an hour of my day driving round-trip to downtown just so I could work out of my one-person executive suite office, the frustration of finding a parking space was a hassle. But, most importantly, I began to realize more than ever that I was missing that vital human connection with other professionals”.
This is where Wesson and his partner, Chelle Peterson, began addressing a previously unidentified need for a coworking space in Tucson and Oro Valley.
The two-year journey for Wesson and Peterson included traveling coast to coast visiting other coworking spaces and building supportive networks with other operators to ensure they would have a solid business model.
Peterson explains, “We fell in love with the coworking industry and our passion grew even more for providing a better way for small businesses to work”.
A Collaborative Project to Bring a Fresh and Innovative Energy to a Landmark Building
THE POST Workspaces is located on the first floor of Northwest Corporate Center (NWCC) on Oracle Road, just north of Ina Road, the main intersection of Northwest Tucson.
Wesson brought the idea of addressing the need for a coworking space in Tucson and Oro Valley to the NWCC’s long-time building owners, John L. Kavanagh and Michael D. White.
“John and Mike were immediately excited about the idea of creating something new and innovative at NWCC”, Wesson states. “Since we already had a 30-year business relationship built on trust and commitment, I knew we could offer something amazing to the Tucson business community.”
What began as an idea quickly evolved into a reality, aiming to make good on its promise of creating new ties between local businesses and reinforcing long-standing ones.
“What we’ve seen is that the local business community truly cares for and supports one another,” explains Peterson. “We feel confident that THE POST will act as a central hub for many members of that community who will form an amazing network to support one another in their business growth.”
In addition to thoughtful and thorough office location research, the pair carefully considered the needs of the modern-day workforce. THE POST has been carefully crafted to address the following common concerns for entrepreneurs:
- Location: Located at Oracle and Ina Road (Main & Main of northwest Tucson), THE POST is close to shops, restaurants, fitness centers, grocery stores, and more.
- Strong Amenities and Member Perks: THE POST’s premium office environment will include an outdoor furnished patio, natural lighting, a fully furnished kitchen, mail room, complimentary Cartel Coffee, speciality teas and beverages as well as snacks, concierge to greet members and their guests, secured digital 24/7 access, hi-tech meeting rooms, printing, mail handling, and on-call same day IT service for members.
- Comfort and Environment: The shared workspace has been designed with a variety of modern and comfortable seating and stylish furnishings, including plush velvet and leather couches, electronic sit stand desks, ergonomic task and conference chairs as well as custom made community tables and bar style seating. Additionally, to bring the outside indoors, you will find real live green plants throughout the interior workspace.
- Isolation and the Need for a Strong Community: Modern professionals often need to work both independently and collaboratively throughout their workday. THE POST offers private and semi-private work accommodations, and the community hosts monthly socials to encourage networking.
- Flexibility and the Ability to Grow: The coworking space has been designed with personalization in mind – whether office space is needed for one or for a small team, packages are scalable and easily adjusted.
- Affordable Healthcare Benefits and HR Services: THE POST knows that finding affordable medical insurance and payroll services is a common concern and worry among small businesses with 5 or less employees, and especially one person start-ups. To address this worry, THE POST has partnered up with a best-in-class Fortune 500 HR Solutions provider, TRINET, where members will save up to 60% on access to competitive health care benefits and HR solutions.
To see a video rendering of THE POST, please click here.
Unique to THE POST
A fresh approach to coworking, THE POST’s mission is based on three pillars: Experience, Freedom, and Community.
“We wanted to create a community where members could not only work alongside one another, but a place where like-minded professionals could collaborate and feed off of each other’s energy,” says Peterson. “We believe strongly in this as we’ve been fortunate enough to experience it personally with many of the city’s talented business owners.”
The inventive model offers professionals amenities including meeting rooms, virtual office solutions, and monthly community events.
Peterson adds, “We wanted to create the most thoughtfully designed workspace possible, marrying a vibrant atmosphere and the highest quality business tools, to allow each member to do their best work.”
THE POST’s vision extends far beyond 2020 – with a planned expansion to 16,000-sqaur-feet in the coming years intended to support a growing number of local Tucson businesses.