City of Tucson Mayor and Council hearing on Tuesday, August 22 at 5:30 PM
The property is ideally located to support surrounding employment centers, along with Downtown and the University Arizona employment with the excellent mass transit service immediately located at the site. While the entire property is 7 acres of vacant land, the subject rezoning is only 6.1 acres. Located on the southwest corner of Broadway Blvd. and Rosemont Ave, the zoning to the West is O-3/R-1, to the South R-1 bordered by an alley. Rosemont Ave., a collector street, is to the East and Broadway Blvd. to the North. The property is currently zoned C-1 on the northern portion and R-1 on the southern portion.site plan and proposed development also fulfills all of the key criteria of Plan Tucson, the policy of today's Mayor and Council, noted below:The
- Support development opportunities where residential, commercial, employment and recreational opportunities are located.
- Locate housing, employment, retail in proximity to each other and allow for easy access.
- High density (greater than 14 units) residential development is generally appropriate where primary vehicular access is provided to an arterial street and is directed away from the interior of low density areas.
- Support strategically located mixed-use activity centers and activity nodes in order to increase transit use, reduce air pollution, improve delivery of public and private services, and create inviting places to live, work and play.
- The location of the additional 222 housing units to the much needed City’s inventory are positioned well environmentally, being adjacent to large employment and services.
The applicant requests your support, in the form of writing a letter (example below) and speaking on behalf of this project on August 22nd at 5:30 PM.