SCOTTSDALE, ARIZ. No industry has escaped the wrath of the COVID-19 pandemic, including construction. While there have been many challenges and changes, Sigma Contracting Inc. has seen many positives as well.
Company officials said all of its existing projects continued without interruption, yet several new projects did not start when expected. As the fourth quarter came into play various new projects started despite circumstances.
“It goes without saying that 2020 will go down as an unusual year – good for some, bad for others,” said Sigma President Dan Hinkson. “We survived, and our employees stayed united. We’re proud that our 37-year-old culture and bonding solidified. While we experienced COVID issues both at the office and at jobsites, everyone recovered and all are healthy.
Sigma Contracting projects of note in 2020:
- Broth & Bao Asian restaurant TI, Scottsdale;
- H-Mart Asian grocery store TI, Mesa;
- Mountainside Fitness Shea ground up, Phoenix;
- Papago Plaza site work, Scottsdale;
- PetSmart corporate office renovations, Phoenix;
- Phoenix Convention Center restaurant renovations, Phoenix;
- Power and Hampton roads retail site work, Mesa;
- Sanitas Medical Center TIs, two locations in Texas;
- Swift Transportation additions and renovations, Phoenix;
- W Hotel renovations, Scottsdale.
“COVID has been an ongoing mystery to almost the entire world, and no one truly understands this in terms of the ultimate magnitude of its impact to families and businesses,” Hinkson said. “There have been many adjustments made and new protocols and processes put in place to address it and ensure the safety and well-being of our people as well as those around us.
“We look to 2021 to hopefully allow the world to catch its breath and move life forward, even if with new rules and requirements,” Hinkson added.