(October 3, 2023) - JLL has just released its popular annual Holiday Shopping Survey Report, in which it surveyed 1,095 consumers to learn how they will shop - and how much they will spend - this holiday season.
In the survey, JLL found consumers plan to maximize their dollars this year and move from gifts to experiences. Some highlights:
- Over 90% of holiday shoppers will indulge this year in at least one holiday experience, like eating out or visiting an entertainment venue.
(Great news for metro Phoenix, as we are home to - and are rapidly adding even more of - the nation's hottest restaurant and entertainment venues!)
- Shoppers plan to spend a healthy $958 per person this holiday season - 22.8% of which will be used for holiday entertainment and experiences.
- On average, shoppers will spend $218 on entertainment and holiday-related experiences.
- 65.5% will dine out at a restaurant and 43.7% will go to the movies (almost twice as much as last year).
- 49.6% of primarily Gen Z shoppers will shop in malls compared to the 40.8% average.
- With the rise in experience spending, consumers' overall holiday budgets exceed 2022.
Amazon, Walmart and Target rank as the Top 3 retailers at which consumers plan to shop (with movie-themed toys topping their gift lists).