PIMA COUNTY, AZ (October 11, 2023) -- Pima Association of Governments, the region’s metropolitan planning organization, seeks the public’s help to conduct its annual bicycle and pedestrian count.
Every fall, Pima Association of Governments asks volunteers to spend two to three hours at a designated intersection to track the number of non-motorized travelers.
The information volunteers help to gather during the three-week count supports local planning efforts such as identifying locations for additional safety improvements.
Dates and locations of the 2023 bicycle and pedestrian count:
- 7 – 29
- Mondays through Thursdays, 7 to 9 a.m. and 4 to 6 p.m.
- Saturdays and Sundays, 7 to 10 a.m.
- Visit the sign-up page for additional information and for times and locations
Observations from previous bicycle and pedestrian counts:
- 70% of cyclists wear helmets
- One in four cyclists are female
- 3% of cyclists ride against automobile traffic
- 7% of cyclists ride on the sidewalks
Volunteers are required to complete a short training course.
Sign up at https://maps.pagregion.com/PAGBikePed/BikeCountSignUp or contact PAG Senior Transportation Planner David Mitchell at Dmitchell@pagregion.com.